Where to Pre-Order Signed Copies (worldwide)!
If you’d like to pre-order a signed copy of Inkmistress, please order from One More Page books as part of the NoVa Teen Book Festival (bonus, you can also order signed paperbacks of Of Fire and Stars)!
Inkmistress Pre-Order Swag!
If you’re in the US or Canada, you’re also eligible for some fun pre-order bonuses from me no matter where you pre-ordered from. Just email your pre-order receipt and mailing address to offireandstars(at)gmail(dot)com (US/Canada only). You’ll receive a signed bookplate, a dragon charm, and an Inkmistress bookmark.
Happy reading, everyone!
Last week the cover for INKMISTRESS was revealed over at Young Adult Books Central. INKMISTRESS takes place in the same world as OF FIRE AND STARS, 200 years earlier. The real name of the book should probably be OF BISEXUALITY AND BLOODSHED. It’s the story of Asra, a demigod with the ability to change the past or the future by writing in her blood, but only at the cost of her youth. To learn more about the book and to enter the giveaway (international), go check out the post at YABC!
You can also add the book to your Goodreads here:
INKMISTRESS on Goodreads
Psst…hey you, over in the UK!
I’m going to be in London for a few days. Want to get tea or coffee and talk books with me?
If there is enough interest and commitment, I’ll host a meetup the afternoon of 26 March at a secret location, likely near King’s Cross.
Please note: I do not have a UK publisher, so you must order your book online and bring your own copy of the book to be signed. If you don’t have the ability to order online but REALLY want to buy a signed copy of the book, please indicate that in your RSVP and we will try to work that out (I’ll need to know no later than 21 March).
Of Fire and Stars will finally be out tomorrow. Eep! People often ask, “what can I do to help you as an author?” Here are a few ways to help, many of which won’t even cost you anything.
• Buy the book! You can even go one step further and purchase it from your local independent bookstore. Here are some retailers where you can purchase Of Fire and Stars:
- BookPeople (order signed copies here through 12/3)
- Barnes & Noble
- Book Depository (free international shipping!)
• Purchase copies of the book to give as gifts (or to donate to your local library).
• Request the book from your local library & talk to your librarian about it.
• Leave a nice review on a retail site like Amazon. It can even just be one sentence. Quantity matters when it comes to reviews!
• Recommend the book to your friends or book club. Word of mouth is everything.
• Read your friend’s book in a public place.
• Discourage people from pirating books (and please don’t do it yourself). Request the book at your library instead. Pirating books means that authors don’t get paid. Every sale really does matter.
• Please be kind and resist the urge to rearrange shelves at bookstores. Booksellers work hard to keep everything organized. Instead, strike up a conversation with a bookseller and tell them about your friend’s book!
Friends, family, and readers have made my journey to publication possible. Thank you all so much for your support. I couldn’t have done any of this without you.
If you already pre-ordered, you’re eligible. Swag packs include bookmarks, stickers, and limited edition character art cards created by the incredible Nate Hallinan.
Pre-orders and regular orders will be accepted through November 27, 2016. Best of all, if you’d like to pre-order a signed copy that includes the bonus swag, you can do so through BookPeople!
I’m delighted to announce that Kaylan Adair at Candlewick Press has acquired STARWORLD, a YA contemporary I co-authored with Paula Garner (Phantom Limbs, Candlewick 2016). Here is the deal announcement from Publisher’s Weekly:
This book contains an imaginary hot-sauce-fueled dragon, many bizarre curse words, and a huge piece of my heart. STARWORLD is about the power of friendship, the way a fantastical private universe can grow between two people, and how sometimes those who see us clearly and teach us the most about ourselves are the people we least expect. Writing it required me to let go of some negative perceptions of my teen self that I held onto and believed were true well into adulthood—and I never could have done that without Paula.
Like Zoe and Sam, the main characters in STARWORLD, Paula and I are seemingly very different on paper, but at the heart of our friendship is an understanding upon which everything else is built. Both the writing of this book and my friendship with Paula have changed me for the better, and I’m so grateful for and humbled by that. No other manuscript has ever been so much fun to work on, or cut so close to the bone. I hope readers will feel that, too.
Thank you so much Kaylan and Candlewick for giving our book such a good home! I can’t wait to share it with the world in 2018.
If you’d like to add STARWORLD to your to-be-read list, you can do so on Goodreads!
The wait is over—the Of Fire and Stars cover is finally here! Without further ado:
The team at Balzer + Bray did an incredible job. I could not be more delighted that they put both main characters on the cover holding hands.
To celebrate the reveal I’m doing a giveaway that runs through 2/22/16. All you have to do is tweet or instagram the cover of the book (or a link to the Epic Reads reveal) with the hashtag #OfFireandStars to be entered for a chance to win a copy of Emily Skrutskie’s book The Abyss Surrounds Us, a signed Of Fire and Stars bookmark, and a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card.
It’s still a few months away, but 2016 is starting to take shape. Will I be coming to a city near you?
Take a look at my events page to find out! * * * 2016 Events * * *
Yesterday I was lucky enough to have OF FIRE AND STARS featured in the #FACSaturday debut author chat on Twitter. If you missed out on the chat but are interested in learning more about the book, check out the wonderful recap done by Jamie over at Queen of the Bookshelves. You can also enter to win a personalized ARC of the book once it’s available, and the giveaway is international.
As part of the chat I released two Pinterest boards—one for each of the main characters in OF FIRE AND STARS. Those can be found here:
Be sure to check out #FACSaturday if you’re on Twitter and interested in learning more about books from authors who will debut in 2016. I’m in amazing company!
To celebrate my book deal I’m giving away FOUR books I love!
1. A GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson (signed!): Elisa has always felt useless in spite of being chosen by God for greatness, but her path changes when she is married off to a king who needs her to find the power within herself.
2. THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass (signed!): A girl from a lower social class is selected to compete against 34 other girls for the heart of the crown prince.
3. ASH by Malinda Lo (signed!): A beautiful retelling of Cinderella that was one of my inspirations for A HIDDEN AFFINITY.
4. ALANNA by Tamora Pierce: Although women are forbidden to be warriors, a young girl dresses as a boy and takes her twin brother’s place to train for knighthood at the king’s palace.
You can enter to win by following me on Twitter, tweeting about the contest, or leaving me a comment on this blog post telling me about one of the books that had an impact on you as a teen.