Of Fire and Stars will finally be out tomorrow. Eep! People often ask, “what can I do to help you as an author?” Here are a few ways to help, many of which won’t even cost you anything.
• Buy the book! You can even go one step further and purchase it from your local independent bookstore. Here are some retailers where you can purchase Of Fire and Stars:
- BookPeople (order signed copies here through 12/3)
- Barnes & Noble
- Book Depository (free international shipping!)
• Purchase copies of the book to give as gifts (or to donate to your local library).
• Request the book from your local library & talk to your librarian about it.
• Leave a nice review on a retail site like Amazon. It can even just be one sentence. Quantity matters when it comes to reviews!
• Recommend the book to your friends or book club. Word of mouth is everything.
• Read your friend’s book in a public place.
• Discourage people from pirating books (and please don’t do it yourself). Request the book at your library instead. Pirating books means that authors don’t get paid. Every sale really does matter.
• Please be kind and resist the urge to rearrange shelves at bookstores. Booksellers work hard to keep everything organized. Instead, strike up a conversation with a bookseller and tell them about your friend’s book!
Friends, family, and readers have made my journey to publication possible. Thank you all so much for your support. I couldn’t have done any of this without you.